Verdant Minerals Ltd and its related bodies corporate (Verdant, we, or us) are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy is designed to explain how we handle your Personal Information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We only collect Personal Information to the extent that is reasonably necessary for us to perform one or more of our functions or activities.
This may include, but is not limited to, the following kinds of information:
- your full name, email address, telephone number;
- information collected through your use of our website, including your IP address and top level domain name, the dates and times you connect to our site, the pages you have accessed, the website content you have downloaded, your browser type, and your referring site;
- when you are applying for a role at Verdant, previous employment information, references and other employment-related information; and
- any information you have provided through one of our online forms.
METHOD OF COLLECTION
Our preference is to collect Personal Information about an individual direct from that individual unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so.
Information will generally be collected from the following sources:
- information you provide to us, including through our website or when you complete an online form;
- when information is collected as part of our services (such as our dealings with contractors); and
- any communication, written or otherwise, that you may have with us.
Although it is our preference to collect your Personal Information directly from you, sometimes this is not possible nor practicable. In these circumstances, we may collect your Personal Information from third parties.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for any primary purpose for which we have collected your Personal Information, for reasonably related secondary purposes within your reasonable expectation, or where we are required or authorised by law.
Purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- conducting our operational activities, including engagement with contractors and the co-ordination of our projects;
- communicating information to you;
- processing an employment application; and
- our internal management purposes, including any merger or sale of our business.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
We do not use or disclose personal information for the purposes of direct marketing in the normal course of our business. Any direct marketing communications will only be provided to you in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
STORAGE OF DATA AND OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
We, including our subcontractors, may hold electronic records of your Personal Information using cloud technology or by other electronic means, or in paper form. These means of holding Personal Information may include offshore storage.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties including our related bodies corporate and service providers we engage. These third parties may be located overseas. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance the location of every service provider with whom we deal.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will also take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify Personal Information once we no longer need it for any purpose for which the information may be lawfully used, disclosed or retained.
However, when using our website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information that you provide us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk. Should you decide against using the internet, you may contact us and we will determine an alternate way to collect your Personal Information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND FURTHER INFORMATION
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the Personal Information which we collect remains accurate, up to date and complete.
We will provide you with access to your Personal Information held by us unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us via the details set out below if you:
- wish to have access to the Personal Information which we hold about you;
- consider that the Personal Information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our Personal Information handling practices.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Telephone: (08) 8942 0385
Mail: Verdant Minerals Ltd
GPO Box 775
Northern Territory 0801
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.